of Alaskan Fisherman a.s., issued with validity from June 13, 2023
Operator of the online store:
Alaskan Fisherman a.s.,
Registered office: V celnici 1034/6, 110 00 Prague 1 - New Town
Registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, Insert 26090
(hereinafter referred to as "Seller")
I. General Provisions
- The Complaints Procedure is an integral part of the Business Terms and Conditions of Alaskan Fisherman a.s., which operates on its websites www.alaskanfisherman.cz (hereinafter referred to as the "website") an e-shop with food goods, especially fish and fish specialties (hereinafter referred to as the "goods"). Before ordering goods, the buyer is obliged to familiarize himself with the Complaints Procedure and the Business Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the "T&C") of the seller. By confirming the order, the buyer confirms that he has familiarized himself with the T&C and the Complaints Procedure.
- It is considered that by submitting his order for the purchase of goods through the seller's website, the buyer confirms that he agrees with the Complaints Procedure and the T&C.
- As a guarantee document (warranty card), the seller issues a delivery note - invoice to each purchased good, which contains all necessary data for making a possible complaint.
II. Warranty Period
- The seller provides the buyer with a quality guarantee (Warranty Period) on purchased goods in the case of food until their use-by date or minimum durability, or until the time when the goods should be consumed. The buyer must comply with the storage conditions. The complainted food should not be opened, except when it is absolutely necessary to detect the defect.
- The warranty period begins on the day the buyer ordered the goods, for which the invoice is issued and according to the Business Terms and Conditions, the buyer must take over the goods.
- The buyer is obliged to check (quantity, type, quality, integrity of packaging) when taking over the goods and complaint any defects found immediately.
- When making a complaint, the buyer is obliged to prove when he bought the goods from the seller, for example by presenting a sales document.
- The buyer applies through the complaint form, which is stated on the seller's website.
- If in a reasonable complaint the buyer does not agree with the seller on the withdrawal of other goods in return for the returned ones, the purchase price for the goods will be returned to the buyer.
- More about complainting can be found in the T&C - VI. LIABILITY FOR DEFECTS.
IV. Termination of the Complaint Right
- The buyer's rights to complaint cease in these cases:
- the complaint was not complainted during the warranty period
- the goods were mechanically damaged or used in conditions not corresponding to the conditions stated by the seller
- the defect was caused by unprofessional manipulation
- the goods were completely or partially consumed
- the buyer knew about the defect when buying the goods
- a discount has already been provided for the defect
- foods intended for quick consumption cannot be complainted when later taking over ordered goods due to the customer's side.
- The seller is not responsible for defects that occurred as a result of wear and tear of the goods by its usual use or incorrect use of the goods.
V. Complaint Processing
- A complaint must be made without unnecessary delay as soon as the defect on the goods manifests itself and during the warranty period. The seller is obliged to decide on the complaint immediately, in complicated cases no later than three working days.
- The period for handling the complaint is calculated from the day of receiving the complaint (complainted goods) by the seller to the day of settlement by the seller. The seller handles the complaint of the goods without unnecessary delay, but at the latest within thirty days from the date of the complaint, unless he agrees with the buyer on a longer period.
- After processing a legitimate complaint, the warranty period is extended by the duration of the complaint. The duration of the complaint is calculated from the day following the day of the complaint to the day of handling the complaint, i.e., until the day when the buyer was obliged to take over the thing. In the case of an unjustified complaint, the warranty period is not extended.
- After handling the complaint, the buyer is invited to pick up the goods. When issuing goods after handling the complaint, the buyer is obliged to present a document on the basis of which the item was accepted for complaint.
- The buyer is obliged to pick up the complainted goods within thirty days from the day of notification of the handling of the complaint. If he does not do so, the seller is entitled to dispose of the goods at his discretion.
VI. Final Provisions
- Unless specifically stated otherwise, the Complaints Procedure is governed by the relevant provisions of Act No. 89/2012 Coll., Civil Code, Act No. 634/1992 Coll., on Consumer Protection, as amended.
- This Complaints Procedure is valid and effective from June 13, 2023.